- Da Capo Choir, a beginning choral class for students ages 5-8. Children learn age-appropriate vocal technique, pitch and rhythm matching skills, and ensemble teamwork.
- Lyric Choir, ages 7-10. Expands upon basic singing skills to perform unison and two part music.
- Treble Choir, ages 9-13. Choristers apply the rudiments of choral singing, sight singing, and musicianship to perform as a well-tuned ensemble.
- Concert Choir, ages 10-15. (Annandale Campus only) This highest level of singing for unchanged voices perform challenging repertoire with additional opportunities around the community and by invitation.
- Master Singers, ages 13-18. (Annandale Campus only) This ensemble is made up of changed voices, performing SATB repertoire.
While most students are placed in the ensemble intended for their age, flexibility is permitted based on the student’s vocal maturity and musical readiness. All singers are auditioned annually, and new members are accepted in May/June, August/September, and January.
Rehearsals and musicianship classes are held Monday evenings at Annandale United Methodist Church, 6935 Columbia Pike, Annandale, VA
- Da Capo – 4:45-6:15 pm
- Lyric – 4:45-6:15 pm
- Treble – 5:30-7:30 pm
- Concert – 5:30-7:45 pm
- Master – 7:00-8:30 pm
Full Year Tuition (2016-2017 season)
- Da Capo Choir – $545
- Lyric Choir – $545
- Treble Choir – $595
- Concert Choir – $595
- Master Singers – $595
Part Year Tuition (Sept.-Dec. 2016, or Jan.-June 2017)
- Da Capo Choir – $380
- Lyric Choir – $380
- Treble Choir – $430
- Concert Choir – $430
- Master Singers – $430
Scholarship opportunities for those undergoing financial hardship are available on a case-by-case basis. Please complete a Scholarship Application and return it to the FCS office for consideration. FCS will make every effort to ensure all singers are able to participate.
Uniform fee is additional for the Treble Choir, Concert Choir, and Master Singers.