The choirs within the Youth Choruses include:
- Da Capo Choir, a beginning choral class for students ages 5-8. Children learn age-appropriate vocal technique, pitch and rhythm matching skills, and ensemble teamwork. Conductors: Michelle McCarten, Miranda Lansberry, and Kristen Jorde.
- Lyric Choir, ages 7-10. Expands upon basic singing skills to perform unison and two part music. Conductors: Michelle McCarten, Miranda Lansberry
- Treble Choir, ages 9-13. Choristers apply the rudiments of choral singing, sight singing, and musicianship to perform as a well-tuned ensemble. Conductor: Bonny Tynch and Kristen Jorde
- Concert Choir, ages 10-15. (Annandale Campus only) This highest level of singing for unchanged voices perform challenging repertoire with additional opportunities around the community and by invitation. Conductor: Patrick Vaughn
- Master Singers, ages 13-18. (Annandale Campus only) This ensemble is made up of changed voices, performing SATB repertoire. Conductor: Patrick Vaughn
While most students are placed in the ensemble intended for their age, flexibility is permitted based on the student’s vocal maturity and musical readiness. All singers are auditioned annually, and new members are accepted in May/June, August/September, and January.
Information About Membership 2017-2018 rehearsal schedule:
Annandale (Central) Campus – Monday evenings at Annandale United Methodist Church, 6935 Columbia Pike, Annandale, VA
- Da Capo – 4:45-6:15 pm
- Lyric – 4:45-6:15 pm
- Treble – 5:30-7:30 pm
- Concert – 5:30-7:45 pm
- Master – 7:00-8:30 pm
Vienna Campus (new location!) – Tuesday evenings at Vienna Baptist Church, 541 Marshall Road, SW, Vienna, VA
- Da Capo – 5-6:30 pm
- Lyric – 5:45-7:15 pm
- Treble – 5:15-7:15 pm
Centreville Campus – Tuesdays at Centreville Presbyterian Church, 15450 Lee Hwy, Centreville, VA
- Da Capo: 5:30-7:00 pm
- Treble: 5:30-7:30 pm
- Da Capo Choir – $560
- Lyric Choir – $560
- Treble Choir – $610
- Concert Choir – $610
- Master Singers – $610
Members of the Treble, Concert and Master Singers purchase their own uniform through FCS
Payment plans and needs based full/partial scholarships are available. Please complete a confidential Scholarship Application and return it to the FCS office no later than August 15, 2017 for consideration.
Uniform fee is additional for the Treble Choir, Concert Choir, and Master Singers.